AGS Alumni Association cordially invites you to our next free continuing professional workshop, "Using free therapist profiles, web marketing & daily social posts on search engines to build your practice and help the world" on Saturday, February 16, 2013 1pm-3pm in Art Therapy Studio #232.
Alumni, graduate students and affiliates are invited to attend this informative workshop. Online registration is now open at, http://agsaafreeworkshop13.eventbrite.com Thank you.
Peter Meilahn, MA is a psychotherapist in Minneapolis who has done research in online therapy. He has built a successful practice within two years after graduate school in part because of his understanding of web marketing. He graduated from The Alfred Adler Graduate School in 2010 and has a BA in business. He also is a developer of web based tools, research, and theory for technology in therapy. He is the Founder of The Minnesota Biofeedback Clinic and TherapyIs.
Outline and key learning points:
How to share with people searching for your understanding and information on the web to build your practice and presence.
- Sharing information and wisdom is social interest and networking with your web presence helps your practice and the world.
- Increase the number of people finding you based on the quality of your posts, and your understanding.
- We all are part of the human library that is always being written.
- Build a successful practice by building exposure.
- Example: I filled the term "Minnesota Biofeedback" on Google and about 58 people per month search for it. I get about 5 calls per month of people who find me on the web looking for biofeedback. This is one practitioner. You can use this as a bit of information to figure out what to right.
- TherapyIs.com is a system create free profiles, blogs, and websites that use your understanding and information to connect with the way people search.
- There are full privacy controls with every post and communication.
- Daily posts and networking with your wisdom.
- People share helpful posts through their social networks.
- Use key words in the title, description, body and "tags" that people search for. The more integrity and more good writing the better the search ranking.
- You can regularly write or make videos to build your practice and help society.
- Psychology Today and other sites do not let you reget higher on the web based on your thoughts- just on your specialties.
- How to do better for free in TherapyIs.com
- Create multiple profiles for different areas of therapy and life.
- It is an online community with high privacy that lets you build a local practice and an online one.
- Skype is HIPPA compliant and you can charge through PayPal
- This will build your local practice and online practice without violating ethics boundaries like it is easy to do on Facebook. People can share your info on Facebook in their networks.
- Connect with searchers and clients by saying what you do in ways they search for.
- Look at "Minnetonka Anxiety" on Google or "Minnesota Biofeedback" for example.
- Identify niches using common sense or Google Adwords.
- Google Adwords Keyword tool lets you find the number of searches for a topic or term per month and gives suggestions of terms that are like it but have smaller numbers of searches (so they are easier to get blogs and pages up.
- All www.TherapyIs.com blogs get ranked as web pages- so you don't have to manage a website.
- For example look at "Your Therapy Specialty Your Town" and "Minnetonka Anxiety"
- Topics of 500 searches per month or less are easiest to get into.
- Play with words and use them in the title, body, description and tags and people will find them.
- Look at Minnetonka Anxiety again.
- The bigger the town or the city is the more specific you should get with your topic.
- Website names and content same as blogs.
- Sharing information as social interest and a new world of ideas as part of our shared mental life.